Payment Options: Money Order, Cashier's Check, Personal Check,
Issue No. 2
Spring Summer 1985
* Lace Knitting - Simple Lace
* Interview with Mary Walker Phillips - Doyenne of Art Knitting
* Elizabeth Zimmerman - The Opinionated Knitter
* Other Places: Lace and Legs
* On Designing: Lace Bordered Cardigan
This second issue of Knitter's Magazine focuses on simple laces - a bonnet, a traditional Shetland shawl, curtains, stockings, and lots of summer sweaters.
* Interview with Mary Walker Phillips - A pioneer of knitting as an artistic medium, Mary Walker Phillips' life is filled with students, research and knitting.
* On Designing, by Deborah Newton - The designing process applied to lace: sketching, sampling, completing one garment and planning another.
* Knitting with Handspun, by Marcie Archer O'Connor - includes discussions on choosing a fleece and spinning techniques.
The Handspinner's Rule, by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts - discusses handspinning techniques for different fibers and applications to lace knitting.
* The 100 Yard Rule - explains how the Rule works to establish yardage requirements for a plain sweater of a given size based upon wraps per inch, and adjustments for different design types, such as highly textured, color stranded, or open lacy patterns.
* Special Fittings - The problems of knitting for large women, suggestions and two solutions.
CONDITION: Moderate front/back cover wear, "shop copy" written on front cover, binding is in good condition, inside pages are clean and crisp, no writing or significant damage - in good used condition.