Payment Options: Money Order, Cashier's Check, Personal Check,
Issue No. 4
Spring Summer 1986
* Beads, Bobbles and Simple Cables
* Interview with Kaffe Fassett - Glorious Knitter
* Other Times: Return of the Reticule
* On Designing: Ribbed Sweaters
This fourth issue of Knitter's Magazine focuses on beaded knits, including a reproduction Victorian reticule (beaded drawstring bag) and necklace and a beaded sweater, and the use of texture techniques such as ruching, knots, seeds, diamonds, welts, bobbles, cables and ribbing to enhance the design.
* Interview with Kaffe Fassett - "Use more color. A minimum of 25." A maxim that has served this knitter well.
* Ropes and Braids for Machine and Hand, by Susanna E. Lewis - Some ways to make cables on the single bed machine and by hand.
* Return of the Reticule, by Lizbeth Upitits - Discusses the history of beaded bags in the Victorian Era and the origin and rise of needlecraft magazines.
* Texture in Spinning, by Marcie Archer O'Connor - discusses techniques for handspinning textured yarns, including slubs and plying variations.
* Shiny & Un, by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts - explains the two basic kinds of silk - bombyx and tussah - and two kinds of silk yarns - reeled and spun - with tips for spinning your own.
* On Designing with Ribs, by Deborah Newton - discusses different types of ribbing and tips for choosing the proper style for your design.
CONDITION: Minimal cover and edge wear, binding is in good condition, pages are clean and crisp with no writing or significant damage - in excellent used condition.
PATTERNS INCLUDED ...
Hollow Oak Vest (Helene Rush)
Chanel Jacket (Dorothy Ratigan)
Braid on the Bias (Gail Madden)
Welts and Bobbles Crop Top (Zelda Dana)
Sleeveless Pullover with Diamond Jacquard Pattern (Zelda Dana)
Ruched Blouse in Black and White (Margaret Bruzelius)
Abbreviated Ruched Blouse in Yellow (Margaret Bruzelius)
Flordora Beaded Bag (Lizbeth Upitis)
Beaded Necklace (Lizbeth Upitis)
Beaded Sweater (Gail Diven/Rosemary Drysdale)
Simple and Silk Sweater (Priscilla Gibson-Roberts)
A Great American Sweater (Deborah Newton)
Michelin Man Sweater (Elizabeth Zimmermann)