Payment Options: Money Order, Cashier's Check, Personal Check,
* 22 Folk Patterns You'll Want to Knit *
* Exclusive Design from Icelandic Design *
This issue of Interweave Knits focuses on folk-inspired patterns around the world. Each of the designs is inspired by a different ethnic textile, including a beautiful Irish lace shawl, Native American socks, a Faroe Island hat, a hooded Aran duffle coat, an Ikat-styled vest, and a Bavarian cardigan. Designers in this issue include Icelandic Design, Sandy Cushman, Donna Kay, Nancy Bush, Heather Lodinsky, Cheryl Oberle, Meg Swansen, Noriko Sekiguchi, Judith L. Swartz, Diane Zangl, and Jill Wolcott. All designs are shown in the pictures with the designer's name and design details.
The feature articles continue this theme:
* Beyond the Basics: Centering Color Patterns – discusses how to transfer a found motif into a multi-colored sweater design and how to make a schematic.
* Icelandic Design: Growing a Business – the evolution of a Icelandic sweater design business.
* Folk-Knitting in Estonia by Nancy Bush – adapted from her book of the same name, includes techniques for making the Estonian Pocket Bag design.
* 13 Ways to Color a Kimono by Colleen Davis – includes basic instructions for knitting a kimono and 13 variations as interpreted by the members of the North Coast Knitters Guild and a list of other design ideas.
PLEASE NOTE CONDITION: Magazine has some water damage and is rippled on bottom edge, pages are not stuck together and there are no stains (except for a small stain on the front cover) but the rippling is apparent, otherwise in good condition, binding is in good condition and pages are clean with no writing, all patterns are clear and very readable.
PATTERNS INCLUDED ...
Aztec Daisy Cardigan (Icelandic Design)
Maghrib Vests (Sandy Cushman)
The Sanquhar Pullover (Donna Kay)
Estonian-Inspired Pocket Bag (Nancy Bush)
Hungarian Rhapsody Cardigan (Heather Lodinsky)
Irish Diamond Shawl (Cheryl Oberle)
Bavarian Twisted Stitch Cardigan (Meg Swansen)
Medallion Kimono Jacket (Noriko Sekiguchi)
Aran Duffle Coat (Judith L. Swartz)
Andhra Pradesh Vest (Diane Zangl)
Petroglyph Cardigan (Jill Wolcott)
Ute Socks (Nancy Bush)
A World of Mittens (Staff Project)